her and agreed to tell their stories because both are concerned area residents don't know enough about vibrio vulnificus.
Morrison was 65 when vibrio vulnificus took his life. His only known illnesses were high blood pressure and a slight problem with circulation Human Race Nmd Aliexpress in his feet.
"I don't want to scare anybody, it's just that these families, myself and the Florida Department of Health want to educate people," Chapman said.
Be educated about water's dangerous bacterium
"I've been telling people who go into the water, 'take precautions,' " Morrison said. "If you get an infection, go to Adidas Bbneo Hi Top 3-stripes Shoes
After speaking to Morrison's family, as well as the family of Valparaiso resident Perry Davis, who survived vibrio vulnificus in 2011, Okaloosa County Health Department director Karen Chapman has initiated a campaign to educate health care providers and the public about the bacterium.
Chapman said the Davis and Morrison families contacted Adidas Energy Boost Men's Size 11
Davis, who has Lupus, was fishing on July 9, 2011, when the bacterium infiltrated his skin, apparently through an open wound.
Perry Davis, a Valparaiso resident, was a close friend of Richard Morrison's. The two grew up on the water and Davis, like Morrison, enjoyed net fishing and other forms of the sport that put him in contact with the water of Choctawhatchee Bay.
People over the age of 50, whose immune systems are not as strong as those of younger people, are also more likely to fall victim, Chapman said.
Chapman said the most vulnerable to vibrio vulnificus are those with a weakened immune system and those with liver disease.
Vibrio vulnificus is found in marine and estuarine waters and is associated with marine species that include shellfish, crustaceans and finfish, according to a news release from the Florida Department of Health.
Sue Morrison said her entire family "all fishing people" refuse to enter Choctawhatchee Bay since Richard Morrison's death.
Infection is not common, but between January of 2004 and this June, 50 cases had been confirmed in Okaloosa, Adidas Harden Pioneer 1
The bacterium gains entry to the body in one of two ways. It can be ingested by eating raw or undercooked seafood, or it can enter the body through an open wound, the release states.
"I went to church Sunday and to a lodge meeting Monday," he said. "Monday night, I woke up and my leg was kinda bothering me. I pulled the cover back and the leg was almost completely black."
Santa Rosa, Walton and Escambia counties, the release states.
the hospital and tell them you've been in the water."
See the Health Department warning. >>
Energy Boost 2 Adidas
Nike Shorts Women Pink
Adidas Energy Boost Size 12.5
Human Race Nmd On Feet
Adidas High Tops Dance
Adidas High Tops Canvas
Womens Adidas High Tops
Adidas Duramo Sneakers
Red Adidas High Tops Mens
Adidas High Tops Journeys
Nike Sportswear Tech Fleece Men's Pants
Nike Joggers Cheap
Nike T Shirt Kids
Imma Be A Star Harden Volume 1
Nike Tracksuit Bottoms Black